This is work-in-progress diagram showing the major books that have been considered authoritative within the Hanafi school of law, and the relatonships between them.
– the numbers in each oval represent the year of death of the author in the Hijri calendar
– the list of books of fatawa (shown on the right) is not intended to be exhaustive.
Still remaining to be done:
– Color-code the arrows to show what exactly is going on, whether summary, commentary, use as as source, etc.
– Color-code the book name text to indicate the type of work (matn, sharh, hashiya)
– Color-code the ovals to reflect the geography of the author
One thought on “Authoritative Hanafi Books (Diagram)”
Thank you, this is invaluable!