(According to the Qur’an and Sunnah, as extracted and inferred by scholars of the Hanafi school.)
From “Mukhtasar al-Quduri“, a matn of Hanafi fiqh
- The Obligation of Fasting
- The Intention
- Sighting the Crescent
- For Ramadan
- For `Id
- Actions of the Fasting Person
- Things that do not break the fast
- Things that are disliked for the fastiung person
- Things that break the fast and require a makeup
- Things that break the fast, and require makeup and expiation
- Those who may postpone fasting
- Making up missed fasts
1. The time for fasting is from the rising of the second dawn
until the setting of the sun.
2. Fasting is : abstention from eating, drinking and sexual intercourse
by day with the intention.
3. If in Ramadan a child reached adulthood, or an unbeliever
accepted Islam, they abstain [from things which invalidate fasting] for
the remainder of that day, and fast that which comes thereafter.
They do not make up what passed. Continue reading “3 – Fasting”